We will always listen to feedback and have been speaking to a representative of the wheelchair user community about our accessibility policy. We're making improvements as a result starting with some clearer guidelines below.
Next steps include reviewing our other communications and reminding all our drivers, coach station staff and ticket office staff of our policy. We look forward to welcoming on board as many wheelchair users as we are able to, in accordance with our policy.
Whether booking travel with us in advance or at the time of travel, we need to carry out certain checks to ensure we are able to provide travel.
We must check:
- (i) that the passenger’s wheelchair is compatible with the wheelchair space on the coach
- (ii) that the combined weight of the passenger and the wheelchair do not exceed the maximum weight capable of being lifted by the wheelchair lift;
- (iii) that the passenger’s wheelchair has been crash tested;
- (iv) that the stops at which the passenger wishes to board and alight the coach are accessible stops at which the wheelchair lift can be deployed; and
- (v) that the particular coach on which the passenger wishes to travel is not already fully booked.
While we recommend that wheelchair users contact us on the following local rate telephone number: 0333 300 1005 (lines open 9am - 7pm 7 days a week) at least 36 hours in advance of travel to give us time to carry out these checks, if they wish to book travel on the day we will make all reasonable efforts to carry out these checks on the day. If all checks are clear, we will be able to complete the booking.
Our list of compatible wheelchairs and Accessible stops
If you wish to make a booking please call 0333 300 1005.